Our Homeless Outreach and Homelessness Prevention Program provides direct, flexible, client centered services to individuals, couples, families and seniors who are homeless or are facing homelessness.
What we do:
- Address immediate physical and safety needs, such as food, warm clothing and a place to stay
- Assist individuals with their housing search
- Assist in securing income support including such as income assistance and accompanying individuals to appointments
- Provide connections to other support services, such as life skills training
- In some cases, act as a landlord liaisons and advocates
- Offer RentSmart Certificate Courses, contact the office for more information and to register
How to access our services
Come See Us
At the beginning of each week our outreach team produces a list of current available housing in the South Okanagan area. These lists are available for pick up on Mondays.
Our office offers help for any individual searching for housing on Wednesday from 1:00pm to 3:00pm.
If you are unable to come to our office, our outreach workers will meet with you where you are — on the street, in a shelter, or in a temporary placement.